Wednesday 21 January 2009

Thought I'd best write something...

I haven't given up on this yet, but I am finding it less and less important on my pretty empty schedule of things to do. The reason I guess this is is plainly I 'm not up to much yet. Well, I am, but as Chris and I have previously mentioned I can't really talk about anything "in progress". This mainly boils down to things falling through. If everything I did had a definite outcome then this blog would be full. As it happens, only a small percentage of the stuff that comes out of my brain ever ends up on some kind of paper or written word, and even less ends up as "something".

So other things...other things to talk about. All I can think at this moment is I just watched The Contractor with Wesley Snipes. Not literally with Wesley Snipes, he was just in it. It wasn't bad. It wasn't good either. There's a problem with the middle TV budget films where nothing much happens, then you get a flash of coolness and its gone, well, in a flash. It mostly comprised of Mr Snipes sitting around a run down flat with a street wise school girl helping him out. Actually it wasn't very good, apart from the odd flash. I'm also finding it difficult understanding Lena Headey, who was English in this, being set in London and all. Since she become Sarah Connor Chronicles in America, I'm used to her as an American. A similar thing happened with Christian Bale until he turned his back on every known accent and created his own.

So the channel 5 film continues fuelling the careers of the fading action hero. Especially as there's another random Van Damme film on next week, The Hard Corps, although his drug taking, Stephen Rea co-starring effort, Until Death, was well pants. I don't quite know what I'm expecting from these films as the results all tend to leave me feeling disappointed. Anyway I shall be watching.

To end on a lighter note, I'm look ing forward to Sylverster Stallones The Expendables, starring Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Sir Ben Kingsley. Theres no way this is going to be anything other than a 80's style action flick. And after the blood shed seen in Rambo, I'm hoping this film wont disappoint.

Maybe next time I'll have something productive to report. We can but hope.

1 comment:

Chris Regan said...

I like the idea of Wesley Snipes popping round to watch his own film. I guess you'd have to go round to his though, as he's not allowed out at the moment.